Fill the glasses
For the lesson we will need several images, for example these (you can use others):
Now that everything is ready, let’s start:
1) Open the image with glasses.
2) Rename this layer to “glasses“
3) Click CTRL+T, to enter the free transform mode.
4) Turn the image to the left so that the glasses take a vertical position.
Create a fire element:
1) Open the image with the flame.
2) Drag the layer into the document with the glasses and align the fire in the center of the glasses.
3) Rename the layer to “the fire“
4) Add “layer mask for this layer (click on at the bottom of the Layers palette).
1) Make a layer “the fire” invisible.
2) Select “magneticlasso“(Magnetic lasso), or another handy tool for you and select the outline of the glass for them.
3) When done, click CTRL + SHIFT + I, to invert the selection.
4) Turn on layer visibility. “the fire“, and click on the mask of this layer to make it active.
5) Click D to reset colors to white / black, then X, to swap them.
6) Select a large hard brush and fill the selection in the layer mask.
7) Click CTRL+D, to remove the selection.
1) Remove the link between the layer “the fire” image layer simply by clicking on the “Chain” icon between them.
2) click CTRL+T. Move and transform the image with fire until you achieve the desired results.
3) Change “blendmode“(Overlay mode) on “screen” (Clarification). You can also experiment with “softlight” and “overlay” (Soft Light, Overlap).
The first item is ready. Now you know the algorithm of actions that will be applied to the other elements of the collage.
“A piece of the sky”
1) Open the image with the sky, drag the layer into the document with the glasses and align the layer with the sky in the center of the glasses.
2) Rename the layer to “sky“, add “layer mask for this layer.
3) Leave only the layer visible. “Glasses” select “Magneticlasso (magnetic lasso) and give them the outline of the glass.
When done, click CTRL + SHIFT + I, to invert the selection.
4) Turn on layer visibility. “sky“, and click on the mask of this layer to make it active. Click D to reset colors to white / black, then X, to swap them. Select a large hard brush and fill the selection in the layer mask. Click CTRL + D, to remove the selection.
5) Remove the link between the layer “sky” image by simply clicking on the chain icon between them. Click CTRL+T. Move and transform the image with the sky until you achieve the desired result.
6) Change “Blendmode “(overlay mode) on “lighten” (lighter) and opacity around 58%.
1) Repeat the 5 steps of the previous step for the item with the tree. “Plant” a tree in the rightmost glass.
2) Change “Blendmode “(overlay mode) on “multiply” (multiplication). Leave opacity 100%.
1) Repeat the 5 steps of the previous step. This element is placed in the middle glass.
2) Use “blendmode“(Overlay mode) on “normal”. Opacity leave 100%.
3) Then take a soft brush of medium size and opacity 40%.
4) Make the active layer mask and go black in the edges of the mask.
5) Pay special attention to the places where the hands begin, soften the edges, we will make the image more natural.
1) Repeat 5 steps, as in “A piece of the sky” with the last glass.
2) Use “blendmode“(Overlay mode) on “overlay”. Opacity leave 100%.
3) Activate the water layer.
Select Layer – Ney fill layer – Solid color (Layer – New Fill Layer – Solid Fill). Next, perform the snapping layer: click the combination Ctrl-Alt-G.
4) Choose a color for the casting layer, for example 213b8f.
5) Use “blendmode“(Overlay mode) on “color”
Set the docking method to be painted. Reduce the opacity as desired. I used 59%.
6) Take a soft brush. Opacity level approximately 40%. Set black for foreground. Make an active mask of the layer and use the brush on the sides of the glass.
Now we will make a small modification to make the glasses with water and wood look better together.
1) Select the water layer and press CTRL + J, to create a copy of this layer.
2) Move the new layer to the top.
3) Make an active mask on the copy layer. Press D to reset colors. Press ALT + BACKSPACE to fill the mask with black (or press X and paint over the brush).
4) Install “blendmode“(Overlay mode) on “overlay / overlap”, leave 100% opacity
5) Choose a small soft brush about the size 50 px, reduce brush opacity to about 25%. Set the foreground color to white.
6) On the still active mask of the water layer, use the brush in the place where the tree can be seen with a glass of water. In this way, we create the illusion that water is in the foreground.
Set the character to the image:
1) Select the topmost layer from the palette.
2) Create a new casting layer (Step 9 p.3) Select a color, for example #b29a7c.
Install “Blendmode “(overlay mode) on “color”, reduce opacity to 40%.
3) Create another new fill layer. Set color #485874, “Blendmode “(overlay mode) on “overlay”, opacity is 100%.
4) Copy the blue “fill layer”, in it, change only the opacity level to 65%.
Now we will create a vignette to make our image look better.
1) Create three new layers under the brown “casting layer”
2) Rename them so that the top one is called “soft vignette”, the middle one is “normal vignette” and the bottom one is called “vignette – soft light”.
3) Select “soft vignette”. Choose a tool .
Make sure that the gradient settings are set from foreground to transparent and that the foreground color is black. Now, using a gradient, draw each side of the layer to create a frame (stretch the gradient with short lines).
4) Install “blendmode“(Overlay mode) on “soft light / Soft light.”
1) Select the “Vignette Normal” layer and draw another frame as described above (or copy the “Vignette Soft” layer, rename it to “Vignette Normal” and move it under “Vignette Soft”, just remember to delete the empty layer).
2) Install “blendmode“(Overlay mode) on “normal”, the opacity is 100%.
Layer “Vignette – soft light”
1) Select tool . Make a selection as shown below:
2) Make the layer “vignette – soft light” active. Set the foreground color to white. Press CTRL + SHIFT + I to invert the selection. Now press ALT + BACKSPACE to fill the selection with white.
3) Install “Blendmode “(overlay mode) on “soft light / soft light”, opacity 43%.
That’s what happened as a result!