Lesson “The World of Salvador Dali – the picture of loneliness”
Fans of Dali, rejoice, this lesson is especially for you and for those who are interested in the theme of philosophy in painting!
This is the end result of the lesson:
Of course, based on this, you can come up with something more original, the main thing is that you, during the lesson, plunge into the extraordinary world of abstraction and illusion created by Salvador Dali.
So, tune in the right way. Let’s start.
HERE you can download the brush “Birds” and “Waves”, you will need them during the lesson.
1) Open the Main image. In my case, it is a desert and a dry tree standing in it.
2) We need to discolor it. Simply put, turn the color picture into black and white. Make it very easy. It is enough to create a new layer, fill it with White color and set the blending mode to Saturation (Saturation).
3) Now swipe the Eraser , to leave stains. You should get the following:
4) Next, merge (merge) the layers using a combination Ctrl + E.
5) Create a new layer, but this time fill it with Black.
Set the blending mode to Soft light (Soft light).
6) Next, activating the layer with the Main image, go to Filter – Stylization – Wind (Filter – Stylization – Wind).
Method: Wind (Wind), Direction: Right (Right)
7) After that, look in the Filter Gallery (Gallery filter). Here we need a filter Oil painting (Paint Daubs).
Set the following parameters:
Brush size – 1,
Sharpness – 3,
Brush type – Simple.
When done, merge the layers.
Add an image of a boat or any other object to make the picture more interesting.
9) Apply the blending mode to the layer with the inserted image: Glow (Luminosity).
To the inserted object, apply the previously used filter (oil painting).
10) Re-merge the layers (Ctrl + E).
11) Take the eraser and erase the corner of the picture.
12) Let’s work with brushes. (Remember, to apply different effects to different brushes, create them on a single layer, otherwise the settings will be applied to all brushes located on one layer!). Take the Star Brush and light the star high in the sky. Now take the Brush Birds and plant the Crow on the branch so that he can admire the star.
On the layer where the raven is located, apply the blending mode Dissolution (Dissolve), where the fill will be 85-90%
13) It’s Gradient Time !
Foreground color: F6CB03
Background color (Background): 030B3B
Select Linear gradient or from Basic to Background (Foreground to Background).
If you double-click on the gradient image in the settings of this tool, the following window will appear:
Do as shown.
Color in the middle 59B96B.
Smoothness – 53%
Draw a gradient line from the bottom left corner to the top right corner.
14) Turn again to the Filter Gallery. Select filter Ocean waves (Ocean ripple).
Set the following settings:
Wave size (Ripple size) – 1,
Wave size (Ripple magnitude) – 1.
15) To make the boat float in our sands, I added the Wave brush and applied them to the endless dunes.
16) The final stage of our lesson.
Go to the Filter Gallery (now for the last time) and find the filter Texturizer (Texturizer). Here we set the following parameters:
Scaling – 53%,
Relief (Relief) – 1,
Light (Light) – Top (Top).
Dare, create, discover new things, Photoshop – masters and masters!
Good luck in conquering Photoshop!